NASA World Wind 1.4Release Notes
* Windows 2000, or XP
* 3D graphics card (http://wiki.worldwindcentral.com/Video_Card_Compatibility)
* Internet connection
* DirectX 9.0c and Managed DirectX 9.0c (December 2006)
* .NET Framework 2.0 runtime libraries
With the minimum configuration, performance and functionality may be less than expected.
* 700 MHz or higher CPU
* 128 MB RAM
* 1.5 GB disk space
* 1.4 GHz or higher CPU
* 256 MB of RAM
* DSL/cable connection or faster
* 3 GB of disk space
NEW Feature/Fixes IN 1.4
* Plugin: Movie Recorder (added avi xport)
* Plugin: Place Finder Loader (Supports more geocoders)
* Plugin: Satellite Tracker
* Plugin: Virtal Earth, downloads Microsoft local live data (must be loaded from the plugins menu, then activated by clicking the toolbar icon)
* Plugin: Improved WMS browser with GetCapabilities support
* Data: New NRL data
* Data: WFS placenames and boundaries
* Core: New accurate sunshading
* Core: Support for 3D models
* Core: Atmosphere (Improved with atmospheric scattering)
* Core: Added widget support
* Widget: New scalebar
* Widget: Time controller
* Widget: 3D compass widget
* Installer: Removed background
* Installer: Mars, Moon, SDSS icons removed
* Installer: .Net 2.0 check
* Installer: Added command line tags NODOTNET, /NODX, /NOMDX) to skip detection of .NET, DirectX 9.0c, and Managed DirectX, to skip checks respectively.
* If you received some installer messages in English or all messages in English even though you picked another language please see http://wiki.worldwindcentral.com/Installer_Translations and click edit.
For answers to frequently asked questions, visit: http://wiki.worldwindcentral.com/World_Wind_FAQ
The World Wind Forums (http://forum.worldwindcentral.com/) are an excellent source of news, information, and peer support. You can find an extensive knowledge base at the World Wind Wiki: http://wiki.worldwindcentral.com
To chat with other users, visit the World Wind chat room at http://chat.worldwindcentral.com or #worldwind on irc.freenode.net.
File a bug report or a feature request by logging into the World Wind issue tracker. See http://wiki.worldwindcentral.com/World_Wind_Issues for details.
Some add-ons are included with this patch of World Wind. There are other great add-ons available at these pages: http://wiki.worldwindcentral.com/Add-On_list and http://forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index.php?showforum=16
Lewis and Clark
Created by Chris Maxwell
Astrobiology Field Guide
Created by Randy Kim
Created by ShockFire, Camille Boykins, Ratna Rao, Fred Liao and David Goldfarb
Flags of the World
Created by Randy Kim
World Wind is licensed under the NASA Open Source Agreement. You may use, reproduce, distribute, modify, and redistribute World Wind subject to the terms of the Agreement. For details, see the “license.txt” file that came with your copy of the software or visit http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/worldwind-nosa-1.3.html.
Copyright © 2004-2005 United States Government as represented by the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2004-2005 Contributors. All Rights Reserved.